COVID-19 News & Updates
Current Alert Level: 4
Page last updated: 12.34pm Monday 30 March 2020
PLEASE NOTE: the information below is based on our current understanding of the government's instructions. Please check this page regularly, or follow us on Facebook or LinkedIn for regular updates.
Our level 4 response plan is now fully active.
Straitline Canvas COVID-19 Response: Level 4
Will Straitline's operations continue during the shutdown?
Yes, in a very limited sense. Straitline Canvas is both a KiwiRail and NZDF contractor. We are Palmerston North's leading side curtain repairer, which is necessary to ensure trucks can continue to operate. We also supply parts to transport companies and curtain repairers nationwide.
We are committed to ensuring New Zealand's trucks can stay on the road: transport operators are more important than ever before. All our transport services will remain available in some capacity, including curtain repairs, parts supply and new product manufacturing. We will be discountinuing all other operations that require contact with the public.
Some of our production will be done at home, by staff in self-isolation. Because our production is spread across multiple buildings, we can continue limited production (max. one person per isolation zone). Rest assured there will be no contact between our staff (who will continue self-isolation in different buildings) and all touchpoints (e.g. production trolleys) will be disinfected between buildings.
Is Straitline complying with MBIE's rules for essential businesses?
Will you be open?
Will the phones and emails be answered?
Can I still get my truck curtains repaired?
Yes. We are committed to ensuring your trucks can stay on the road: your services are more important than ever before. Our call out service will also remain available. We recommend you call our office team on 06 356 9965 before coming in, to ensure someone will be onsite to repair your curtain.
What about after hours repairs?
During the shutdown, our call out service will be available 24 hours. Please note after hours rates will apply outside business hours (7.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday). If we're closed, please call one of the following emergency contacts: Patrick Currie on 021 629 179, Ken Currie on 021 308 851, William Rice on 021 925 891.
My order is finished. How do I get it?
Can I still order products?
What about Transport Parts and Animal Covers?
Where can I find up-to-date information on Straitline's response?
Follow us on Facebook: @straitlinecanvastransport for transport-related updates and @straitlinecanvas for all other updates
Follow us on Linked In: @straitline
- Keep an eye on this page - we'll update it as the situation changes
- Email email@example.com
- Call 06 356 9965
Side Curtain Repairs
Repairs at Straitline Canvas
Please call 06 356 9965 to alert our staff before arriving. Our staff are isolated in different zones on-site so we're a bit slower getting organised!
If you can't reach us on our main number, you can call one of the following emergency contacts: Patrick Currie on 021 629 179, Ken Currie on 021 308 851, William Rice on 021 925 891.
- Our staff are not permitted contact with the public. When you arrive on site, please remain in your cab - our team will come out. Please call 06 356 9965 or one of the emergency numbers if you need to give us details about the repair (or knock on the office window!).
- You are welcome to use our toilets if you need to - there will be a bathroom dedicated for truck driver's use. If you don't know where they are, call 06 356 9965 and we can give you directions! Please make sure the office staff are aware you're planning to use the toilet so they can clean it between uses (you'll need to call us). Please note the toilet is only available during business hours (7.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Please do not walk into production areas. The staff in them will likely not be able to help you. Our office will be locked, but you can call us or knock on the front window for attention.
Call Out Repairs
Our call out service remains available.
The call out team is operating from home. Please call 06 356 9965 and we will send them to your location.
- Please let us know what the COVID-19 restrictions are for your site.
- We would prefer to avoid contact with the public where possible.
- During the shutdown, our call out service will be available 24 hours. Please note after hours rates will apply outside business hours (7.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday. If we're closed, please call one of the following emergency contacts: Patrick Currie on 021 629 179, Ken Currie on 021 308 851, William Rice on 021 925 891.
COVID-19 Response Managers
Overall: William Rice 021 925 891
Site Manager: Ken Currie 021 308 851
The site manager and office staff will have copies of our detailed COVID-19 response plan.