COVID-19 News & Updates
Current Alert Level: 2
Page last updated: 10.46am Friday 10 September 2021
PLEASE NOTE: the information below is based on our current understanding of the government's instructions. Please check this page regularly, or follow us on Facebook or LinkedIn for regular updates.
Straitline™ Canvas is an essential service and will remain open in some capacity at all COVID-19 alert levels.
Straitline™ Canvas COVID-19 Response: Level 2
Please see below the FAQs below about our COVID-19 response at the current alert level. Please scroll to the bottom of the page for our full COVID-19 Response Plan for all levels.
What customers can you supply?
At level 2, we're allowed to provide our full range of services to all customers.
I want to buy shade sails or patio blinds. Can you do this at level 2? What about installation?
Yes. We can provide our full range of services to all customers at level 2, and we have precautions in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We can measure and install Shades & Blinds products at your site: our staff will stay at least 2m away from you at all times. Our staff will be wearing masks while they are on your site – please ensure you are too. For more details, please call us on 0800 244 266.
Will you be open?
Yes! At level 2, you can visit our showroom. We do have some restrictions in place to protect our customers and staff:
- You are legally required to wear a mask (our staff will also be wearing masks while they interact with you)
- Please enter our main office through the front door
- Do not enter production areas – this is for your safety as well as COVID-19 protection
- Please maintain a 2m social distance at all times
- You’ll need to sign our visitor register or scan our QR code
- We have infection controls in place to protect you and our staff, including masks, touchpoint cleaning and social distancing
At all levels, please do not come to Straitline if:
- You are feeling unwell
- You are showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (a high temperature of at least 38 degrees, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath)
- You have tested positive to COVID-19
- You have returned from overseas within the last two weeks
- You have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case within the last two weeks
Please note all site visitors (including customers using the dedicated toilet) will be required to sign a visitor register or scan our QR code.
Do you have contactless pickup and drop-off?
Yes. Please call us and we can leave the job outside for you to collect, or give instructions for where you can drop off items for repair. We can also dispatch product to you.
How do I get my truck curtains repaired?
Just come in or use our call out service. We are committed to ensuring your trucks can stay on the road: your services are more important than ever before. Our call out service will also remain available. Scroll down to see full details of our COVID-19 restrictions for truck repairs.
What about Transport Parts and Animal Covers?
Yes. We're still dispatching orders. You can order via our website, phone or email. This includes side curtain straps, curtain poles, tensioners, animal covers and more.
What payment options do you accept?
At level 2, we’re accepting all payment options (including internet banking, cash, or EFTPOS/credit card). Our EFTPOS terminal will be cleaned between each use. Sorry, we don’t have Paywave. Note a 3% surcharge will apply if you pay by credit card over the phone (there is no surcharge if you pay via credit card in our showroom).
Where can I find up-to-date information on Straitline™'s response?
- Follow us on Facebook: @straitlinecanvas
- Follow us on Linked In: @straitline
- Keep an eye on this page - we'll update it as the situation changes
- Call 06 356 9965
What about the other alert levels?
Straitline™ has detailed contingency plans ready for the other alert levels. We'll update this page when the level changes. See below for a summary plan of our response at all levels.
Side Curtain Repairs
We are committed to servicing our transport customers, regardless of the alert level. There will be different restrictions at different levels: please see below for details.
Repairs at Straitline Canvas
- Please keep at least 2m from our staff
- Please do not walk into production areas. The staff in them will likely not be able to help you. At level 2, our main office is open – just walk in and one of our team will help you.
- You are welcome to use our toilets if you need to - there will be a bathroom dedicated for customer use. If you don't know where the toilet is, our office staff can give you directions. Please make sure the office staff are aware you're planning to use the toilet so they can clean it between uses. Please note the toilet is only available during business hours (7.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday). You’ll need to sign the visitor register or scan our QR code.
- You are legally required to wear a mask (our staff will also be wearing masks while they repair your curtains)
Call Out Repairs
- Our call out service remains available. Please call 06 356 9965 and we will send them to your location.
- Please let us know what the COVID-19 restrictions are for your site.
- Remember our staff will need to maintain 2m social distance from you
- After hours repairs are only available by prior appointment. Please note after hours rates will apply outside business hours (7.30am - 4.30pm, Monday - Friday).
- You are legally required to wear a mask while interacting with our staff (our staff will also be wearing masks while they are on your site)
COVID-19 Response Managers
Overall: William Rice
Site Manager: Ken Currie
You can reach them on 06 356 9965. Our detailed COVID-19 Response Plans for each level are available by request.